Department of Informatics at Linnaeus University
Nyckel Campus, Kalmar
Phone: +46 470 76 7999
email: Mexhid.Ferati [at] lnu.se
About Me (detailed CV)
I hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science from South East European University, a masters degree in Computer Science from Purdue University, and a PhD in Informatics – Human-Computer Interaction from Indiana University under the guidance of Dr. Davide Bolchini. My background is in designing a new type of non-speech sounds for content-intensive applications, which integrate into acoustic interfaces to deliver enhanced learning experience to the blind and visually impaired students. Other projects include improving web accessibility and designing and evaluating various web and mobile interfaces for maximum aural user experience. I am a USAID scholar and have participated in research projects funded by Swedish Government, US National Science Foundation, and Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust. Previously, I have worked as an Assistant Professor at the Contemporary Sciences and Technologies department at South East European University and a Postdoctoral Fellow at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences in the Universal Design of ICT research group. Currently, I am a Senior Lecturer at Informatics Department at Linnaeus University in Sweden.
News and Events
- May 16th, 2016 – Presented paper Augmenting Requirements Gathering for People with Special Needs using IoT: Position Paper at CHASE’16.
- May 20th, 2015 – Guest lecturing online at the Cross-platform mobile development course at Linneaus University. Topic: Mobile Interface Design and Evaluation
- April 25th, 2015 – One day training for high-school IT teachers: Lecturing on using MOOCs to build an academy and teach online.
- March 7th, 2015 – My student, Milka Trajkova, won the best graduate student poster at InWIC 2015 conference held in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- February 20, 2015 – Paper titled Usability Evaluation of Kinect-Based System for Ballet Movements co-authored with my student Milka Trajkova got accepted to HCI International Conference in Los Angeles, CA, US.
- October 21, 2014 – Attending a Technical Assistance Workshop on Horizon 2020. Click here for details.
- August 25, 2014 – Paper Accessibility Requirements for Blind and Visually Impaired in a Regional Context: An Exploratory Study accepted and presented at UsARE’14 held in Karlskrona, Sweden.
- June 20, 2014 – Session chair at the Regional Conference: Quality of Assessment, Qualification and Evaluation in Higher Education held at South East European University in Tetovo
- May 26, 2014 – Presenter at the third workshop in Web and Mobile Accessibility for Visually Impaired People held at the Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlskrona, Sweden. Workshop details here
- May 22, 2014 – Presenter at the second workshop in Web and Mobile Accessibility for Visually Impaired People held at the eHealth Institute in Kalmar, Sweden. Workshop details here
- February 19, 2014 – First workshop of the project Web and Mobile Accessibility for Visually Impaired People held at the South East European University campus in Tetovo. Check the project website
- November 7, 2013 – Presentation of a STINT grant titled Web and Mobile Accessibility for Visually Impaired People received in collaboration with partners at Linnaeus University in Sweden.
- September 20, 2013 – Paper titled Investigating Bookmarking Habits of Blind Users presented at Balkan Conference in Informatics.
- June 17-21, 2013 – SEEU Summer Workshop. Register for the User Interface Design workshop to learn the basics of UI design and prototyping using Axure RP.
- May 18, 2013 – Paper titled Investigating Bookmarking Habits of Blind Users accepted at Balkan Conference in Informatics.
- May 2, 2013 – Guest lecturing in Computer and Information Science at Linnaeus University in Vaxjo, Sweden.
- April 20 – May 11, 2013 – Visiting Lecturer to Linnaeus University in Vaxjo, Sweden. Teaching Mobile Games and Entertainment course.